Accessibility statement about Apply for a Kickstart Scheme Grant for Employers
This website is run by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). We want as many people as possible to be able to use this service. That means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to the website using a screen reader (including the most recent version of JAWS – the Job Access With Speech software)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible for everyone to understand.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
DWP is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the known non-compliances listed in this Accessibility Statement.
The accessibility of this website
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible when using certain accessibility tools.
We found that:
- when screen readers are used, the layout of the page can change and content is read in a different order
- when JAWS screen reader is used, some headers and a time-out warning message are missed and are not read out
- when ZoomText magnifier and reader software is used with APPReader and SpeakIt tools sometimes word counts, email addresses, phone numbers and other parts of the screen can be missed and are not read out
- when VoiceOver screen-reading tool is used on the ‘Employer details’ page, it reads out the candidate list
- VoiceOver does not read the “Do your jobs meet this criteria?” heading on the confirmation page.
Speech recognition software
We found that:
- when Dragon software is used to dictate postcodes, an extra space is inserted.
Part-compliance with the accessibility regulations
We are working to resolve all identified accessibility issues within this service as soon as possible.
Some issues can be solved by changing the settings in your chosen assistive technology. For example, it is possible to change the way Dragon software formats UK post codes. In "Formatting Options" you can turn the "Street addresses" option on or off (when using UK vocabulary).
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use.
How we tested this website
This website is based on another website at DWP which was tested in September 2020 – the Apply for direct rent payments service. Further accessibility testing was carried out on this Apply for a Kickstart Scheme Grant service in May 2021.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you have a complaint about the accessibility of this site, contact DWP. If you're not satisfied with how we respond to your complaint, you can contact the:
- Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) if you live in England, Scotland or Wales
- Equality Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI) if you live in Northern Ireland
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was reviewed and updated in July 2021.